Saturday, April 18, 2015

Dinosaurs and Millennials

If asked to describe myself in one word, it'd be this: Therizinosaurus. Yup, I'm a dinosaur.  

Inline image
www.walkingwith.wikia.com

There's a nagging feeling I'd fit fine if I was born 40 years earlier.  I'll cover a bit more about this shortly, but, for now I'd like to share about a forwarded article from my father in which in his own jejemon style ordered me: Write something.  
  
Its main points:

- By 2020, there will be 4 billion people connected to the internet.

- Renting is up, buying is down:  Music, movies TV shows, even games and books are moving towards an access model.  

- It's an On-Demand Economy:  On-demand food, shelter and transportation (Uber, Lyft, etc) are the obvious ones.y 2020, there will be 4 billion people connected to the internet.
Closer to home, I'd experienced the whole social media thing (note my misplaced tone of indifference) when out of exasperation in recruiting for potential employees for our manpower outsourcing company, we'd decided to hire the services of a digital advertising group.  The results have been nothing short of phenomenal:  For a mere P3,000 we were able to garner more than 100 resumes (and counting) in just over a week - speaking of "on-demand."  

So, am I a believer now?  Well, I've always been, but, now was truly able to experience what the hoopla is all about.  

Lastly, thought of introducing you to the world of illustrator Adam Ellis who seems to have tapped into the world of millennials and their experiences in this digitally connected world (you can check out more of his work here.  A must).

Pet Peeve
 
Which got me thinking:  In danger of going extinct like the dinosaur, are we paying enough attention to the digital world in what we do?  

While you're mulling over that, make the summer heat a bit bearable with music by Toots and the Maytals.  Enjoy the rest of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment